Launch of XUV300 autoSHIFT
Mahindra Launches Automated Manual Transmission in XUV300
- Sourced from Italian automotive experts Marelli
- Available with advanced features like Vehicle Creep, Electronic Stability Control, Kick-down Shifts, Down-hill Mode & Smart Steering Modes
- Offered in Diesel on W8 and W8 (Optional pack)
Mumbai, July 2nd, 2019: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $20.7 billion Mahindra Group, today launched the Automated Manual Transmission version of its recently launched compact SUV, XUV300.
The autoSHIFT technology will be available on its diesel variant W8 and its optional pack W8(O) at an additional cost of Rs. 55,000 over the manual version and will be available for display, test drives & immediate deliveries across Mahindra dealerships from today. This offering will be available in 3 colours namely Pearl White, Aquamarine and Red Rage.
Engineered by Italian automotive experts Marelli, the XUV300 autoSHIFT technology comes coupled with the segment-best torque of 300 Nm. Its 1.5L turbo diesel engine with electronic variable geometry charger delivers 85.8KW (116.6 PS) power to optimize the automatic gearshifts for quick acceleration and overtaking manoeuvres. Equipped with the latest technological advancements, the offering will especially delight city-dwelling customers and emerging segments such as women & millennials, where there is a growing disposition for convenience in start-stop traffic conditions.
Speaking about the XUV300 autoSHIFT, Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “At Mahindra, it has been our constant endeavour to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers and we are pleased to introduce autoSHIFT in the XUV300 for that perfect blend of effortless driving and exhilarating performance. After receiving an overwhelming response on its manual version since its launch in February 2019, we are confident that the XUV300 autoSHIFT will further strengthen the brand’s value proposition and expand the market for us.”
The XUV300 autoSHIFT is equipped with the following Intelligent Transmission Control features:
- Auto and Manual Mode: Available in two modes, Auto mode boosts fuel efficiency and drivability while manual mode provides exhilarating performance.
- Vehicle Creep: The vehicle can move without throttle input in both first and reverse gear, making driving easy in congested city traffic.
- Electronic Stability Control: The XUV300 comes with Hill Start Assist technology to prevent roll-back when you're driving on a hill or moving up on an incline.
- Down-hill, Kick-down Shifts & Anti-engine Stall: Gear shifts are automatically optimized with features to provide optimum power/torque output during overtaking or quick acceleration.
- Drive and Reverse Lock Out: This safety feature prevents sudden shifts between reverse and drive mode unless your speed drops to less than 5 kmph.
- Creep disable on Door Opening: This safety feature prevents vehicle from moving if the doors are open.
- Driver Information System with Gear Display: Important alerts and information about your vehicle, such as current gear, driving mode etc are available on the Driver Information System.
The XUV300 is a potent combination of cheetah-inspired design and breath-taking performance. Armed with free-flowing torque and nimble-footed manoeuvrability, the sheer joy of driving this SUV kicks in the moment you step on the accelerator pedal. All this, and an arsenal of best-in-segment safety and technology features, make it one of the most exciting SUVs you’ll find on Indian roads. The XUV300’s best-in-segment safety features, ‘fun-to-drive’ performance, first-in-segment hi-tech features, impressive driveability and ride comfort, make it an exciting & comprehensive package.
The XUV300 shares its platform with the SsangYong Tivoli which is a globally successful product that has sold over 2.6 lakh units in 50+ countries since its launch in 2015. The Tivoli has also received multiple safety and ergonomic awards including a Grade 1 safety award from the 2015 KNCAP (Korean New Car Assessment Program), automotive safety test.